- Many private and corporate jets are flying into Sochi this month for the 2014 XXII Olympic Winter Games. Behind the scenes, special teams have been set up to cater for...
- The world’s first LNG powered tug Motor Tug Borgøy has docked in the port of Zeebrugge to load LNG fuel. Borgøy is the first tug in the world sailing on...
- The case of Courtwell Properties Ltd v Greencore PF (UK) Ltd  EWHC 184 (TCC) concerned an application for costs on an indemnity basis. The parties had settled the proceedings by way of a Part 36 offer, save in respect of the issue of costs.The usual order for costs is made on what is referred to as the “standard basis”, whereby the Court will resolve any doubt as to whether the costs were reasonably incurred or reasonable and proportionate in amount, in favour of the paying party. The onus is thus on the receiving party to establish the costs claimed are both reasonable and proportionate.
- The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently announced an alteration to India’s Aviation safety rating, following an assessment of India’s civil aviation authority.The revised rating of “category 2” under the International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) programme, reflects the FAA’s decision that India’s civil aviation authority is not compliant with international safety standards set down by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This means that while current Indian operations to the US can continue, no new services can be established.
- The Marshall Islands registry has come along way in its relatively short history.In 1990 only 39 vessels and a little over two million gross tons were registered under the RMI flag. However, as of January 2014, the Marshall Islands stands at 100 million gross tons.
- The House of Lords this week announced plans for property cases up to a value of £350,000.00 to be issued in the County Court, following backing by Labour peers.The previous limit was £30,000.00, pursuant to the County Courts Jurisdiction Order 1980.The rationale behind the increased threshold was a bid to improve judicial efficiency, enabling the High Court to deploy its resources to dispose of more complex matters. In view of rising property prices, the County Court’s previous £30,000.00 limit was also thought to be largely inadequate.
We solve problems and help save you money
We are a multi award-winning firm of solicitors. Click on a skill for more information
Business matters at Bargate Murray – it matters to you and it matters to us. We act for a wide range of national and international clients, small and large, corporate and individual and we always place the emphasis on client service and great results - all at a cutting edge price.
Bargate Murray offers a broad range of expertise in aviation advice. It has extensive experience in business and commercial aviation, and is able to advise on a wide variety of regulatory matters. The team’s experience includes commercial agreements common to the industry, from sale and purchase agreements and charter and lease agreements, to maintenance and support agreements.
We build sound relationships with you and your company to develop an in-depth understanding of your legal needs. Whatever the stage of the business, we can offer relevant, cost-effective advice with real results.
We are one of the world’s foremost superyacht law firms. Over many years, we have developed in-depth experience in this niche area, where confidentiality and personal service are essential.
Using our considerable experience in handling complex cases, we seek to avoid time-consuming and expensive court action, whether via an early financial settlement between parties, or through a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation.
Shipping & Insurance
With nearly 50 years of collective experience in practising shipping and Insurance law at the highest levels, our two founding partners are among the best placed in the UK to meet your needs.
We have extensive experience in advising internet start-ups, IT companies and innovative business, and businesses dealing with or affected by the internet and IT / e-commerce.
This is a specialist area at which we excel. Clients benefit from our ability to settle disagreements through skilled use of all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including negotiation, mediation or arbitration, thereby removing the need for a lengthy and expensive court process.
We are always willing to consider taking on new members of the firm who can add that something extra to our practice, just send us your CV if you’re interested in being considered for a position. Mark your letters on the front in bold type ”Recruitment” and addressed to the Senior Partner. Alternatively, contact us online.
Our many client testimonials say more about us than we ever can
"We have worked closely with Bargate Murray... their assistance and support has been invaluable to the success of the project"− In regard to a recent yacht project
"Quentin... has a very practical commercial understanding of what has to be done to get the job done, I wholeheartedly recommend him"−
"Quentin and Bargate Murray are no nonsense lawyers who know their oats and fight for their clients. They call a spade a spade so you know exactly where you are with them. You can expect high quality advice and action (where required)."− Michael Strelitz, Director at DataSafe Services Limited